Ask any of the guests at CIMB’s latest gathering for Preferred Banking clients and friends of The Peak in late August, and each will no doubt say that good food and good company pair well with illuminating discussions. In this instance, it was a delectable spread at The St. Regis Singapore’s charming Caroline’s Mansion paired with a market outlook for second half 2022.
Led by CIMB’s resident economist Song Seng Wun, a respected figure who also hosts the bank’s Coffee Conversation video series on market situations and on-trend financial topics, the session covered global trends and tips in identifying opportunities amid volatility and uncertainty.
Song was also joined by Eddie Sue, Vice-President at BlackRock (Singapore), who offered insights on how to rebalance an investment portfolio given the changes in market conditions.
Following a spirited round of Q&A, guests tucked into a specially curated 4-course menu by The St. Regis Singapore’s culinary team as Caroline’s Mansion was filled with lively banter among friends.
H2 Market Outlook by CIMB resident economist Song Seng Wun:
- Property prices in Singapore continue to remain resilient, and the trend is likely to continue in the medium term.
- Data suggest that manufacturing prices have peaked, and that supply chain issues may be gradually being resolved, these may help to ease inflationary pressures.
- Possibility of a US recession looms, but labour market is still strong which could cushion the impact.
- Despite the challenges, investors should continue to stay invested to catch the overall broad-based recovery.
- The peak of price increases may have passed, but global inflation may stay elevated as long as labour market conditions remain supportive of demand.
- Persistent inflation means policy tightening to remain even as global growth falters.
To discover the full suite of privileges and benefits of CIMB Preferred Banking, click here.