Just as a good suit should be cut to individual proportions, skincare products work best when tailored to one’s needs. That means taking into consideration climate changes. Rule of thumb: light, refreshing lotions and gels for hot and humid weather, and rich creams plus serums for icy temperatures. And whether it’s the snow or sun you’re heading towards, don’t skip the sunscreen. Still confused? Here are 10 products to pick from.
1. Triple Duty: Many of us hibernate in an office, with air-conditioning that zaps skin’s natural oils. The Ren Moroccan Rose Gold Glow Perfect Dry Oil deeply hydrates, adds a subtle sheen for a healthy glow, and even contains active ingredients that help to combat UV damage. The feather-light formulation is absorbed instantly so there’s no sticky feel. From Escentials at Paragon and Tangs at Tang Plaza.
2. Well-oiled Engine: Ladies who use red lipstick during presentations ooze confidence, while men with chapped lips draw attention for all the wrong reasons. Hydrate with Marc Jacobs Lip Lock Moisture Balm that is packed with nourishing oils and butter like shea and avocado. From Sephora.
3. Instant Relief: The last thing you want is to turn up at a VIP dinner looking the worse for wear. Not only does this refreshing Clarins Men Revitalizing Gel deliver an instant perk-me-up for skin tired from stress or jet lag, it also keeps skin matte and lines at bay. The twist-and-lock pump dispenser makes it a handy travel companion. From Clarins.
4. Closing In: As interesting as a business proposal may be, tired eyes that are a result of late nights reading it may indicate disinterest. The lightweight, fast-absorbing Algenist Firming & Lifting Eye Gel promises to firm fatigued skin around the eyes. It also reduces puffiness around the eyes and counters the effects of UV damage sustained during the day. From Sephora.
5. Sun Warrior: Fight against sun damage with IDS’ non-tinted SPF50 sunscreen that also contains vitamin C for additional antioxidant benefits to combat ageing. From IDS Clinic.
1. Shake It Up: Hide the fact that you’ve just spent 18 hours on the plane with La Mer’s Renewal Oil. This multi-functional cocktail promises to give instant relief from dryness and dullness. Use on both face and body. From La Mer.
2. Spring To Life: Lauded for health and beauty properties, the carbonic acid in mineral-rich onsen has been extracted and used in Japanese premier brand MTG’s Plosion. Besides removing dead skin, cleansing pores and improving skin elasticity, carbonic acid instantly lifts skin for a refreshed appearance. Sure, it lasts only a few hours, but it beats looking haggard at that crucial meeting. From www.mtg-sg.com.
3. Bright Eyes: The Clarins Men Anti-Fatigue Eye Serum gets top marks for omitting fragrance, which can irritate sensitive skin around the eyes. What’s more, this fast-absorbing serum helps to smooth fine lines and combat dark circles and puffiness. The refreshing, cooling sensation is an instant wake-up call for dreary winter days. From Clarins counters.
4. Seal It In: After a day out in sub-zero degrees, parched skin will welcome the intensive hydrating goodness of Aesop’s Blue Chamomile Facial Hydrating Masque. Blue camomile balances and purifies skin while bisabolol, which is extracted from camomile, acts as an anti-inflammatory, as well as boasting calming and soothing properties. From Aesop.
5. Doctor’s Order: Daylight may be short in winter but UV rays are no less harmful, especially if you’re planning to hit the slopes. Sisley’s Super Soin Solaire Milky Body Mist Sun Care SPF 30/PA++++ protects skin from premature ageing (signs include pigmentation, wrinkles and dryness), as well as strengthen skin’s barrier. From Sisley counters.