With Christmas just around the corner, we speak to chefs Huang Ming Tan and Andrei Soen from hip sandwich joint Park Bench Deli for their tips on how to make sure those festive sauces don’t go to waste the morning (or night) after.
For that delish turkey gravy:
- Heat up gravy over low-medium heat and whisk until smooth and just simmering. Add a touch of truffle oil if you have it.
- Use to lubricate mashed potatoes.
- Or to moisten crusty ends of loaves – sourdough, for instance.
- Pair with a well-seared leg of chicken for fun times.
- Add to sauteed mushrooms and caramelised onions. Toss with some pasta for a simple meal.
For the jammy cranberry sauce:
- In a pinch, use it as a replacement for jam.
- Add it to yogurt with cinnamon, lemon juice and some fruit for a parfait.
- Pair it with some vinegar, virgin olive oil, salt and pepper for a salad dressing.
- Mix some into pancake batter for a berry twist.
- If all else fails, make a negroni with it.